Job Description :
This job, through innovation and research collaboration, develops new and improved models of care to improve outcomes and prevent illness or complications, while also reducing costs. Ensures programs and studies address complex health needs of members and providers. Conducts analysis and research by leveraging member and provider data to study diseases, the effects of therapies, the effectiveness of interventions, and the barriers to care for members and providers. Collaborates with Medical Directors, social service agencies and/or external providers to apply and study approaches through pilots and studies. Ensures community-engaged research is a priority. Measures outcomes and report out findings.
- Investigate evidence-based interventions that could build and expand on community-engaged approaches to address the complex health needs of the membership and the community.
- Research capacity to most effectively collaborate with social service agencies that serve vulnerable populations and/or the Company’s membership.
- Develop strategies to prevent illness, complications and reduce health care costs through innovative, novel approaches.
- Develop and apply technologies to impact clinical outcomes/models of care.
- Investigate new and existing interventions, and apply learnings to improve the quality of member care, provider strategies and/or internal processes.
- Analyze and research member, provider and internal angles to study health, disease and the effects of therapies.
- Coordinate the collection, distribution and storage of data resulting from intervention – utilize data and ‘put it to use’.
- Conduct statistical analysis.
- Coordinate with Medical Directors and external providers regarding how to practically apply outcomes that have been identified, discovered and/or advocated by outside medical research.
- Present and publish manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of research experience in public health, environmental health, disease-specific clinical interventions, medical and/or public policy
- 1 year of experience with statistical software (such as SAS)
- 1 year of data management and/or Informatics experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health
- Nurse PhD or Medical Scientist with PhD in related discipline. Grant-writing experience
- Prior experience in Epidemiology
- Demonstrated analytical, mathematical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present complex information to varied audiences including executive and medical directors
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org