Hm Life Insurance Company
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for the following:
* Responsible for generating new business revenue and retaining profitable business for HMIG’s Stop Loss line of business.
* Responsible to develop producers and prospects in the assigned territory and working with producers who represent employers in various group sizes.
* Manage activities and generate prospects, lead to proposals that will ultimately lead to sold cases, generating new business revenue.
* Responsible for detailed fact finding, building files, collect data, coordinate and manage information, and also build and enhance producer relationships while promoting HMIG products to meet customer needs and promote the value of working with HMIG to existing and prospective customers.
* Responsible for providing weekly, monthly, quarterly reports to Senior Management as needed or required showing progress and levels of activity toward building critical mass to meet business and sales goals in the designated area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
2) Relationship Management
* Must have the ability to develop and work with new and existing producers within assigned territory.
* Responsible to build relationships with producers and their customers, identifying prospects, and promoting HMIG products and strategies, generating new sales activity that will lead to new business revenue, and retaining profitable clients upon renewal.
3) Consultative Selling
* Continuous education regarding product knowledge and industry trends.
4) Account Management
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks and be able to work with a variety of contacts and decision makers, follow up on calls, and be available for meetings as needed to close cases. * The incumbent will provide to Senior Management weekly, monthly, quarterly updates and reports on progress and activity being generated toward generating sales that will meet stated goals and objectives.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a Business field or six (6) years of progressive related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
* 3-5 years of insurance sales experience
* Producer license in Life, Accident & Health is required or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
3-5 years of Stop Loss and/or Self-Funded health insurance sales experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org