Job Description :
This position will maximize actuarial skills through a variety of applied statistical analytic opportunities. As part of an Integrated Delivery & Financing System, the Actuarial Intern will have the opportunity to prepare, perform, and analyze actuarial studies and create presentation materials needed to appropriately inform decision makers. The incumbent will have the opportunity to explore traditional actuarial work (including premium and pricing development, claim trend analysis, claim reserving, experience studies, medical economics, and profitability analysis) as well as non-traditional actuarial work (to include value based reimbursement, care pathway analytics, provider analysis, wellness studies, network design, and predictive analytics) through participation in Highmark’s Actuarial Intern Program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate effectively while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
- Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
- As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org