Job Description :
Manages the operation of an internal consulting organization focused on informatics support of internal business organizations and/or relationships with external providers or provider organizations. Ensure that staff members execute their work according to defined processes. Staff team to ensure the appropriate mix of consulting, analytic, and support functions. Ensure that team contributes to and utilizes assets from the portfolio. Execute consulting model to effectively solve problems and pursue opportunities in partnerships.
1. Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
2. Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
3. Provides leadership for analytic efforts, including complex studies, simulations, testing, etc. to solve unique problems or questions identified by executive management and various business unit partners.
4. Develops and implements business plans, policies, and procedures related to providing business intelligence solutions. Manage implementation and administration of business intelligence reporting tools.
5. Monitors and report out to management on the status of departmental projects: anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Information Technology or other related area.
- Five years of experience in healthcare informatics, analytics, business intelligence or statistics with responsibility for:
- Consultation and application of analytic capabilities in the solution of business problems
- Project management
- Leadership of professional analytic staff in a business, clinical or technology function
- Five years of experience solving business, financial and/or clinical problems. This includes using technologies and analytical methodologies, preparation of related recommendations and presentations of findings to various levels of management and external parties.
2 Years’ experience in Member and Clinical Analytics function
2-3 Years’ experience in Medicaid, Medicare, Government Programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task with a wide spectrum of issues
- Possess sound PC skills, including Microsoft Office
- Proficient in database design and management applications
- Possess expertise in the deployment and use of query tools, such as SAS and SQL
- Working knowledge of application development lifecycle, advanced analytical methodologies, business intelligence tools and infrastructure and overall system support
- Management experience or similar experience in a supervisory capacity or role
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org