Job Description :
The Director of Market Facing Analytics serves as leadership contact for EI for MFA capabilities with both internal and external constituents. External constituents would include providers, physicians, clients, consulting firms, brokers, producers, etc. This position will be a focal point for the outward public face for EI’s participation in a variety of high-level market facing efforts. Direct the work of the EI MFA management and staff and their activity. Responsible for the oversight and direction setting for staff working on MFA work, whether internal MFA staff or matrix-ed support staff from other areas. Responsible to ensure resource conflicts are resolved. Also, will require incumbent to obtain detailed knowledge of business partner and market objectives and strategy as well as EI capabilities, including staff experience, skill and other competencies. Ensure that Highmark remains current with emerging industry best practices and techniques with respect to MFA capabilities, such as statistical modeling, predictive modeling, benchmarking, self-service analytics, etc. Ensure that MFA staff, and EI staff, are appropriately trained in use of these capabilities and that their use is appropriately disseminated. Leadership accountability for all MFA efforts, including complex studies, simulations testing, etc. to solve unique problems or questions identified by Highmark executive management, clients, providers, brokers and client consultants. These efforts may involve all aspects of the health insurance business may be confidential in nature and/or for public dissemination. Accountable for assuring that all MFA related projects or initiatives are delivered on time, within the specified budget and in accordance with the agreed upon scope. This includes both internally driven work as well as all work in support of strategic and tactical initiatives, corporate releases, or BAU maintenance.
1. Responsible for management of all MFA activity, including dedicated department management and staff as well as related project teams consisting of matrix support staff and team members from other areas, both within and outside EI.
2. Responsible for MFA function understanding Highmark from the enterprise perspective and ensuring that MFA activities align with the specific market needs, including ensuring that MFA possesses a thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the core market functions that it supports, the business processes of those areas, their data needs and relevant data flows and infrastructure. This includes an advanced knowledge of corporate systems and data sources as well as their content.
3. Responsible for MFA function understanding of healthcare related analytic capabilities, including terminology, techniques, best practices, emerging trend, etc. as they relate to the accountabilities noted above. This function is required to remain abreast of industry knowledge and its potential practical application at Highmark.
4.Responsible to function as the point person for MFA capabilities within Highmark. This includes establishing the vision and strategic for Highmark’s MFA function and determining how this function can best support the overall Highmark strategic direction and the needs of each market. It also includes development of the scope, planning, execution and delivery of all MFA related efforts, whether strategic phases or routine periodic work. In this role, the incumbent will be directly accountable to, and interact with, the senior leadership of each market.
5. Responsible to provide MFA capability support to the other areas of EI as well as to other areas both within and without Highmark dependent upon the underlying activity. This includes collaborating with business areas across the enterprise, and ensuring consistent definitions and analytic methods as well as their application.
6. Responsible to ensure the MFA function contributes to and uses knowledge management assets from the EI portfolio or reusable intellectual capital, including documented data services, analytic tools and techniques, and reporting tools, packages and report capability.
7. Responsible for development and maintenance of relationships with external MFA business partners, including clients, providers, consulting assistance, brokers, producers, etc.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years’ experience in healthcare informatics, analytics, business intelligence or statistics.
- 5 years’ experience solving business, financial and/or clinical problems
- 3-5 years of management or leadership experience
- 5-7 years of experience statistical and quantitative/qualitative analysis, industry practices and processes
- 5 years of experience in workforce development and resource management
- 2 years of experience in Operational/Compliance/Regulatory reporting function
- 2-3 years of experience in Medicaid, Medicare, Government Programs
- 3 years of experience with project management
- Master’s degree
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? Yes
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org