Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs secretarial functions to provide daily operational and administrative support for the department.
- Operates office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems and uses word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to perform the secretarial functions to support the daily operations of the department. 30%
- Answers telephones and directs calls to appropriate staff. Receives and routes messages or documents to appropriate staff. 20%
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and administers outgoing mail. 15%
- Compiles, records and maintains file, reports and/or correspondence. Transmits correspondence by mail, email or fax. 15%
- May greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit and direct them to appropriate staff. 10%
- May schedule and confirm departmental meetings. 10%
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years’ secretarial/administrative experience.
- Associate’s Degree from a business/secretarial school or program.
- Experience with various computer software programs and medical terminology.
- Secretarial experience in a medical setting.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org