Dedicated to creating a better health care industry. For everyone.
We are driving change
Innovation is changing health care for the better – and we are at the heart of it. At HM Health Solutions, we cut through complexity to enable health plans to achieve top-line revenue growth, reduce costs and gain economies of scale. Our state-of-the-art cloud technology enables us to support a comprehensive suite of offerings. We also provide expertise in multiple product lines, including Medicare, Medicaid, commercial and individual business. Our industry-leading expertise in people, process and platforms delivers measurable results while increasing customer engagement.
We are pioneers
Many health plans don’t have the technology or investment to build their own solutions. We are positioned to be a pioneer in the sector, shaping how technology and health care will complement each other in the future. It’s our blend of innovation and technical expertise that makes us such a powerful force in the health care market.
Every HM Health Solutions employee, from application developers to consultants, has the rewarding opportunity to make a difference. Changing the face of health care not only enables the industry to thrive, but it also helps touch people’s lives by finding solutions that make life easier.
We need talented, creative people that possess a wide range of skills, with the vision and ability to see how an end-to-end solution can be strategic, resourced and delivered. Our people must have the business and technical expertise to identify opportunities to cut costs, drive efficiencies and demonstrate leadership. These are the kinds of people we know we can support and develop into the future leaders of our industry – could you be one of them?
Click here to view our job openings.
Emerging Leaders Program
The HM Health Solutions Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is an early career development program that focuses on building core business skills, enhancing technical knowledge, and providing leadership exposure. It offers accelerated career growth opportunities to recent graduates who are looking to build expertise in the field of information technology.
The ELP is a two-year program comprised of four six-month rotations, each of which is focused on a specific discipline:
- Project Management/Business Analyst
- Execute project life cycles that deliver optimum business solutions
- Develop relationships, mitigate risks, and transform detailed project information into high-level overviews
- Develop requirements for new applications, analyze enhancement requests and ensure application solutions satisfy customer expectations
- Application Development
- Use Agile methodology to create software solutions
- Study information needs, confer with users, analyze data usage/work processes, and investigate problem areas
- Follow the software development life cycle
- Safeguard our company from hackers and data breaches
- Be involved in social engineering endeavors and research technology compliance and regulations
- Complete risk assessments and remediation plans
- IT Operations
- Take an active lead in specialized areas including Middleware, Network Engineering, Voice Services, Open Systems and Server Administration
- Opportunity to participate in planning, testing and implementation of hardware/software installations, upgrades and patches
Why should you consider the Emerging Leaders Program?
In addition to four unique rotations aligned to your skill set and career interests, the program gives you the opportunity to take part in various networking, learning and development, and special project opportunities.
- Mentor Program – members of HMHS management serve as mentors to provide direction and guidance
- Education Plan – includes trainings to strengthen your core business skills, enterprise/business unit knowledge, technical specialty and leadership
- Special Projects – can be assigned outside of daily tasks allowing for more exposure to leadership, departments and/or tools
- Customized Orientation Program – exposure to our company environment/benefits and executive leadership
- Continuous Improvement – ELP associates make their impact known by sharing their talents and ideas to enhance the program, and act as company ambassadors by supporting recruitment efforts
Interested in powering the future of health care? Do a Keyword search for Emerging Leaders Program in our jobs database
(available in Pittsburgh and Camp Hill, Pennsylvania)
HM Health Solutions offers a variety of careers for recent graduates. Our environment is collaborative and supportive – one that will allow you to put your degree to work from day one while building on what you’ve learned in school. Our career paths include:
- Application Development
- Client Consulting
- Information Security
- Information Technology Operations
- Business Analysis
- Project Management
A degree in information technology is not required to apply for these entry-level positions, but an interest in technology and healthcare is, along with the motivation to make a difference.
Working alongside experienced professionals, interns at HM Health Solutions take on real challenges within the information technology sector. You’ll gain meaningful, hands-on experience by applying your existing skills and obtaining new ones. You’ll also be connected with leadership across the company through networking events, trainings and mentorship.
The HM Health Solutions 10-12 week internship program offers:
- The ability for you to provide direct business impact through project work and team assignments
- Partnerships and work assignments that can intersect with multiple business units and leaders throughout the company
- Networking opportunities within HM Health Solutions, and throughout the broader Highmark Health Enterprise
- Opportunities to receive class credit for internship participation (varies by university requirements)
- Opportunities for internship extension (contingent on performance and business need)
Interested in powering the future of health care? Search for the keyword intern on our job search page