Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
***CANDIDATE MUST BE US Citizen (due to contractual/access requirements)***
This position seeks a highly motivated individual with a love of learning to advance our cutting-edge analytics capabilities and drive impactful research and development projects. This role will be responsible for developing innovative analytical solutions that leverage data to inform business processes and operations. The ideal candidate will possess a strong foundation in data science, machine learning, and statistical methods, and will be passionate about pushing the boundaries of knowledge and developing transformative solutions.
Work directly with the business to understand their business processes and aims, then identify how analytical solutions could help deliver value for them. This would include being accountable for:
Executing specific use cases generated by your manager
Identifying data elements needed and where to get them (including proxies)
Assembling data sets independently using knowledge of Highmark operational and analytic data structures
Deliver the analytical solution to a specific business problem
Documenting objectives, assumptions and processes in line with our standards
Select and apply the appropriate advanced modeling/machine learning techniques to these data sets to deliver business insight, ensuring that the final analysis is well researched, accurate, and documented. This requires: Experience of several advanced analytical techniques, evidenced by in-depth knowledge and delivery record (for example regression models, tree-based learning, neural networks, clustering techniques, natural language processing)
Consult with the business to contextualize and translate the results of our analysis in a form which the business can understand and act upon. This will include: Written reports, presentation and data visualizations, and draws clear lines between the high-level problem specifications for colleagues, the analyses performed, and how the results link directly back to business objectives, and identify a path to implementation to drive frontline workflow.
Work with manager to plan, prepare and deliver/coordinate all elements of the analysis in such a way that it is delivered on time, to a high standard and ready to implement on a production basis (including dissemination through the Organization's user systems). This includes identifying the best route to implementation (developing the analytical solution accordingly).
Work with more experienced team members to explore new analytical skills and approaches.
Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science, Engineering or closely related field OR Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science, Engineering plus 3 years of experience in lieu of Master's degree
- Academic Research: Experience conducting research in data science, machine learning, or a related field, demonstrated by publications in top-tier academic journals and/or conference proceedings.
- Research Collaboration: Experience collaborating with leading institutions and experts in academia and industry to advance the field of data science and develop innovative analytical solutions.
- Interdisciplinary Research: Experience conducting research at the intersection of data science and other disciplines, such as social sciences, engineering, or business.
- Teaching and Mentoring: Experience teaching data science or related courses at the university level or mentoring graduate students or junior researchers.
- Open-Source Contributions: Experience contributing to open-source data science projects or developing new tools and methodologies that advance the field.
- Industry Research and Development: Experience leading or contributing to research and development projects in a corporate or industrial setting, with a focus on developing and implementing innovative analytical solutions.
In addition to the above, we are seeking candidates with a strong foundation in the following areas:
- Data Science and Machine Learning: Expertise in statistical methods, machine learning algorithms, and optimization techniques, as well as experience in applying these techniques to real-world problems.
- Programming and Data Engineering: Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or a similar language, as well as experience in data cleaning, manipulation, and analysis.
- Communication and Presentation Skills: Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to a diverse audience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Data Analysis with SQL, BigQuery
- Statistical Analysis with Python, R
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Basic proto-typing/front end skills
Languages (other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$78,900.00
Pay Range Maximum:$146,000.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org