Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Cardiovascular Institute (CVI) at the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is seeking a Research Data Analyst to help advance the academic research mission of the CVI. The primary responsibility of the Analyst will be to extract and organize data from various sources into research data sets ready for statistical analysis. Such data sources include electronic health records from the AHN, CVI-housed cardiovascular registries, and other sources including publicly available data sets. The Analyst will also work with the AHN-affiliated Highmark Health Plan to append insurance claims data to any of the above mentioned data sources. Other research-related tasks as listed below will be required as needed to advance the overall research mission of the CVI.
- Working with clinical faculty and other researchers in the CVI on research projects ultimately resulting in publication in peer-reviewed journals and oral/poster presentations at national conferences.
- Organizing raw data from various data sources such as electronic health records, CVI-housed clinical data registries, public data sources, and others into analysis-ready research data sets.
- Work with the Highmark Health Plan research data team to append insurance claims data to the various data sources.
- Perform “preparatory to research” data investigations using any of the above data sources to evaluate feasibility of potential research studies.
- Clinical trials recruitment
- Patient lists for research studies/recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, data science, analytics, healthcare information systems or closely related discipline from a four-year college or university
- 3 years in the analysis of business processes and interfaces including, but not limited to interpreting system documentation, data and/or business process modeling, and data flow/context diagramming.
- Knowledge of various programming languages for extracting data from big data sources such as SQL, R, Python, SAS.
- Appropriate educational background including a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, epidemiology, or other relevant subject area.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with the various programming languages.
- Experience working in the medical research environment.
Disclaimer : The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$28.18
Pay Range Maximum:$43.80
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org