Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is a leader of cloud-first application design to drive the organization's next-generation technologies. The incumbent works to adopt, standardize, expand, maintain, and optimize cloud usage across the organization by both developing new applications and migrating existing applications to utilize cloud technologies. The incumbents own the entire process of cloud application development and must stay current with new cloud offerings to continue to produce cutting-edge software. Mentoring and training more junior engineers is a pivotal responsibility of this position.
- Oversee design & implementation cloud-based technical architectures, migration approaches, and application optimizations that enable business objectives.
- Act as subject matter expert, and leader to less senior software engineers, as needed.
- Develop and enforce cloud standards as needed.
- Define procedures and create scripts to deploy software into cloud environments.
- Performs research and analysis required for project proposals, system modifications, and new application.
- Works to optimize cloud spend & resource efficiency across cloud applications within organization.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Drafts and reviews architectural diagrams and design documents with other software engineers and architects.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Sciences or Engineering
- Master's degree in Information Sciences
- 7 years producing code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
- 7 years in design and analysis of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns in the building and deploying of scalable, highly available systems
- 5 years of experience in building and maintaining Rest Web Services and API’s.
- 3 years of designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based solution architectures.
- 1 year with containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- 1 year with server-less computing
- Expertise in system design, Programming (Python preferred), Data Structures, SQL is a must.
- Expertise in working with cloud platforms(GCP preferred - Cloud Functions/Cloud Run, pub/sub, Cloud SQL, Big Query, etc..) and ability to solution in cloud platform
- Ability to lead Software projects and provide technical direction and mentorship to team members
- Being able to work fairly independently with a good amount of self-direction is strongly preferred.
- Ability to wear multiple hats related to SDLC Process and ownership/accountability for a given Software development project
- Ability to work with non-technical user groups to do brainstorming, discovery and formulation of business problem.
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Preferred (any of the following)
- GCP Professional Cloud Architect
- GCP Professional Cloud Developer
- GCP Professional Data Engineer
- AWS Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Azure Architect
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Experience and willingness to mentor other engineers and help develop their skills and leadership
- Ability to quickly produce prototypes and proof of concepts
- Ability to present to leadership and articulate complex technical scenarios
- Strong understanding of web services
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org