Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Is responsible for scientific and technical leadership on ongoing projects, initiating and defining new research projects, and publishing in scholarly journals and conferences; writes grant proposals to funding agencies; serves as the principal investigator; supervises and provides technical guidance to graduate students, undergraduate students, and technical staff.
- Initiates, develops, and directs research projects in computer assisted surgery, including writing grant applications for support of research projects. Produces applications and systems that advance the capability of the Institute to perform state-of-the-art research and development in computer assisted surgery. (25%)
- Communicates the results with the scientific community through the peer reviewed journals and scientific conferences. Prepares reports and scientific papers to report on the results of the project. Reports to the funding agencies on the progress and results of the projects as requested. (30%)
- Coordinates testing of the developed software/hardware systems in the laboratory tests, prepares for clinical testing, supports clinical tests, and makes necessary improvements. Ensures that all developed software has its clinical application, and that it satisfies the requirements of clinical safety and reliability. (30%)
- Supervises the work of graduate students, research engineers, programmers, and other personnel involved in the project under his/her direction. (15%)
- Bachelor's degree robotics, computer science, or engineering or closely related discipline
- Experience with technologies related to computer assisted surgery
- Understanding of hardware interfaces, tracking devices, computer networking, and software and hardware requirements in the operating room environment
- Understanding of medical imaging modalities and image formats
- Understanding of linear algebra and computational geometry
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. Degree in a technical discipline such as robotics, computer science, or engineering
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org