Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs the clerical and communication duties on the patient care unit under the direct supervision of the patient care manager, charge nurse or staff nurse. Adheres to universal precautions and is knowledgeable of infection control policies.
- Enters physician orders on-line to maintain the patient records with close review by the immediate nursing staff and notifies nursing personnel of orders requiring immediate attention. Completes appropriate requisition forms and contacts other departments to schedule diagnostic tests, meals, therapies, etc. consistent with physician's orders.
- Answers telephone, sheeting charts, order supplies and other duties as designated by Patient Care Manager. Integrates performance improvement principles and customer service excellence principles into all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Initiates, assembles and maintains charts for all patients. Maintains confidentiality of all records and patient-related information as per HIPPA policy.
- Records, files documents located on printer and fax machines, charts clinical data, files diagnostic and laboratory reports, and any similar patient information received from the nursing staff.
- Communicates all pertinent patient care and general environmental information to the patient care manager, charge nurse or staff.
- Maintains and communicates adequate unit supplies, unit communication resources and contributes to maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- High school diploma/GED
- CPR certification
- Formal post-high school coursework in medical terminology
- Prior unit clerk training OR 1 year unit clerk experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org