Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Coordinates and supervises all activities related to testing under the general direction of the Laboratory Director and/or Laboratory Manager in conjunction with the Medical Director.
- Facilitates optimal laboratory operations by identifying, investigating and resolving issues and directing appropriate interventions while adhering to hospital policies and procedures and relevant rules and regulations. Promotes cost effective quality patient care through resource management by identifying needs and allocating appropriate resources. (30%)
- Selects, develops, and motivates staff. Supervises assigned staff, assesses competencies, evaluates work, recommends and implements appropriate disciplinary action. (20%)
- Serves as a consultant to laboratory personnel and other health care providers, as needed. Participates in continuing education to ensure growth and development of the laboratory. (15%)
- Prepares or assists with capital, manpower and operational budgets and maintains expenses and salaries within established budgets. (5%)
- May perform a variety of routine and complex procedures using established criteria to provide quality clinical information. Verifies analytic accuracy, precision sensitivity and linearity of test methods. (20%)
- May mentor students and new employees in laboratory testing following AHN policies and procedures. (5%)
- May act as a liaison to facilitate communication between the AHN laboratories (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- For the respective Anatomical Pathology domains below:
- Cytology: Cytotechnologist (CT) ASCP certification
- Histology: Histotechnologist (HTL) or Histotechnician (HT) ASCP certification
- Surgical Pathology/Gross Room: Pathologists’ Assistant (PA) ASCP certification
- For Clinical Pathology domains:
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) ASCP certification
- For Histocompatibility Domain:
- BS in Medical Technology or Life Sciences
- 3 years prior laboratory experience
- For labs holding a New York State license: 4 years of prior laboratory experience.
- One year of supervisory experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org