Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides TeleICU-nursing care to a diverse population of critically ill adults across multiple intensive care units at various acute care sites. Focuses on prevention and evidence-based care through advocacy, clinical decision support and proactive, continuous monitoring.
- Collects and analyzes patient data for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis, and management. Efficiently assembles a focused assessment of physiological, psychological and medical record data. Direct observation via audio/video platform.
- Uses critical thinking skills and critical care knowledge in diagnosing clinical problems and in defining interventions. Re-evaluates prior diagnosis and care plans at appropriate intervals in accordance with expected individual patient outcomes. Prioritizes clinical problems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responds to routine, urgent, and emergent patient problems appropriately by demonstrating effective decision-making. Provides follow up to ensure problem resolution. Proactive surveillance of adverse physiological trends. Appropriately address alerts/alarms.
- Uses clinical decision tools in determining evidence-based practices for clinical problems. Ensures prophylactic strategies in place.
- Effectively communicates and advocates needs and wishes of patient/significant other regarding health care. Formulates and articulates concise and comprehensive assessments of real or potential patient problems to the Virtual ICU intensivist.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 3 years in an ICU
- Current PA RN licensure
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- CCRN-E (obtained within 1 year of hire)
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer skills and operations
- Effective communication skills
- EMR: Cerner/EPIC/eCaremanager
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org