Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job is an integral member of the Enterprise Technology & Operation's Digital team, within their agile software engineer team, responsible for building complex scalable software applications across all digital channels to serve our customers. The incumbent will be responsible for taking an enterprise-wide, architectural view of the solutions and the technical execution of products using the technical stack that best meets the needs of the platform. The incumbent and team, will be involved in every aspect at part of the software application build process from idea generation, business analysis, technical design and software development using the latest technologies and design patterns. The senior level acts as subject matter expert and provides guidance/mentor to lower level Software Engineers. This role supports the ETO digital team specific initiatives.
- Responsible for designing and creating engineering specifications for software applications and programs. Responsible for designing & writing code that adheres to coding standards set forth by the Principal Engineers. Perform code reviews.
- Responsible for idea generation, exploring and implementing appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features, as well as monitoring technical process against project plan while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
- Responsible for complex software applications/projects/products. May be part of a subset of the team that is responsible for setting direction on technical architecture based on business requirements.
- A part of an agile work team and responsible for participating in all scrum ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning and completing required sprints in the development through final execution of software applications/programs. Communicate any issues/blockers to the Scrum Master in a timely manner.
- Drive story creation (i.e. DoD, Acceptance Criteria, estimation). Creates Tasks for their stories in RTC or Jira, and updates status and assignment accordingly within Digital team.
- Monitor work against production schedule and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to lead developers on a regular basis.
- Mentor and coach other associate software engineers as needed on ETO Digital team.
- Comprehension and utilization of the newest, emerging, innovative technologies and applications
- Apply lead level knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Expected to conduct analysis of requirements to deliver codable solutions
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related discipline
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related discipline
- Experience of technically leading Web/Mobile application design, development and mid-level developers
- Proven working experience of developing Android Mobile applications with Java and Kotlin and iOS Mobile applications with Swift, Objective-C and Xcode
Experience of developing applications using the coordinator pattern and deep linking techniques
Experience of connecting Web and Mobile applications to third party libraries and back-end services via APIs.
Experience of working with Code versioning tools like Git, Maven and Swift Package Manager (SPM).
Experience of publishing application(s) to the Apple App Store & Google Play Store
Developing and hosting Web & Mobile applications on Google Cloud Platform
Experience using Jetpack components.
- Have experience working with agile methodology of scrum
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Experience and willingness to mentor junior engineers and help develop their skills and leadership
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$78,900.00
Pay Range Maximum:$146,000.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org