Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is hiring a full-time Medical Physicist Chief at our Allegheny General Hospital location. AHN is an integrated health system dedicated to providing exceptional care to people in our communities. Our business also includes the Highmark Health Plan, one of America's largest Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers. We're 35,000 employees strong — and proud to be serving millions of customers across the U.S. every day.
In addition to competitive pay rates and flexible career growth, AHN shows employee appreciation through a comprehensive benefits package and access to wellness programs and resources.
Interested in learning more? Apply today on our Careers website to find out where your career can take you!
Directs and develops a system wide network of medical physicists, research programs, quality assurance programs, and technologies that advance patient care in the Radiation Oncology setting.
- Oversees all Radiation Oncology Physics and Dosimetry programs. (30%)
- Oversees all Physics-related research and development activities. (30%)
- Creates and provides educational training for other medical personnel such as dosimetrists, residents, and therapists in the science of Radiological Physics. (10%)
- Supervises staff, evaluates work, and recommends and implements approved disciplinary action. (10%)
- Develops and maintains publications related to all research activities in Medical Physics. (10%)
- In collaboration with the director of physics operations, ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies, accreditation programs, quality and safety standards. (10%)
- ABR (Therapeutic Radiological Physics) and/or ABMP (Radiation Oncology)
- 10 years experience as a practicing Medical Physicist
- 3 years experience in developing research programs in Radiation Oncology
- Previous experience writing publications related to research in Medical Physics
- PhD in Medical Physics or a PhD in Physics
- 2 years in a Senior Medical Physicist
- Previous management and network experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org