Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
GENERAL OVERVIEW :
This job provides primary health care and performs selective medical services under the direction of physicians.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provides appropriate patient care to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering lab and diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation. Establishes presumptive diagnosis as defined in the written agreement between the PA-C and the supervising physician(s). (30%)
- Communicates and coordinates patient care with patient, family, community health services and interdisciplinary team. Involves attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the PA-C knowledge base or scope of practice. (15%)
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care and coordinates periodic evaluation by physicians as defined in the written agreement between the PA-C and the supervising physician(s). (15%)
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs as defined in the written agreement between the PA-C and the supervising physician(s). (10%)
- Educates patients and family members regarding health and illness prevention, medication and treatment instructions, and recommends community resources as needed. Serves as clinical expert and acts as a clinical resource. (10%)
- Triages patient telephone calls, provides monitoring and continuity of care. (10%)
- Participates in, develops, and implements performance and/or quality improvement initiatives. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. (10%)
- May perform other duties such as daily rounding of patients, manage outpatient concerns and any other duty specific to specialty.
- May perform interventional radiology and fluoroscopic procedures under the direct supervision of an attending radiologist.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current PA Physician Assistant License or board eligible (required within 90 days of employment)
- PA-C or board eligible (required within 90 days of employment)
- CPR certification
- 0-1-year experience in interventional radiology.
- ACLS certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice