Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that will support the Breast Center at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion - where you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology and procedures.
Allegheny Health Network is an integrated health system dedicated to providing exceptional care to people in our communities. Our business also includes the Highmark Health Plan, one of America's largest Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers. We're 35,000 employees strong — and proud to be serving millions of customers across the U.S. every day.
In addition to competitive pay rates and flexible career growth, AHN shows employee appreciation through a comprehensive benefits package and access to wellness programs and resources.
If you’re looking to be part of a strong team that makes a difference in patient’s lives each and every day, apply today to kick off your career with us!
Provides supervision of staff and area functions; serves as a physician liaison; and performs prescribed breast imaging and patient care services per established protocol. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Acts as a mentor for new staff and uses technical expertise to improve staff performance. Assists in the workflow management of human resources (performance management), staff/equipment schedule, payroll, and non-labor expenses and activities for the department; maintains a quality assurance program according to FDA & MQSA regulations and other regulatory bodies.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately for independent breast imaging per established protocols. Prepares for and assist physician while performing procedures.
- Implements radiation safety and patient safety standards and provides technical expertise for development of protocols. Implements and standardizes imaging protocols in coordination with radiation physics and division directors
- Assures completion of all required documentation for quality control and equipment maintenance, procedures e.g. regulatory, billing, protocol and image distribution. Maintains ACR certification and registries (if applicable). Implements and educates staff of all imaging institute policies, procedures, guidelines, and quality initiatives for MRI modality
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 as a Registered Mammography Technologist
- Knowledgeable of the requirements for MQSA survey / accreditation
- Exhibits leadership skills
- Radiography certification
- Mammography certification
- CPR certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Supervisory experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice