Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This position will be scheduled days and every other weekend.
Plans, organizes and implements recreational activities for patients of various ages and needs in conjunction with the therapeutic multidisciplinary team and in accordance with each individual's treatment plan. Must be knowledgeable and compliant with universal precautions and infection control policies.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements recreational services to meet the needs of the patient and department which includes both inpatient and intensive outpatient therapy groups.
- Communicates with the multidisciplinary treatment team regarding patient’s needs, goals and response to the therapeutic process. Makes revisions in recreational program and activities as needed.
- Completes initial assessment of patient, identifying problems, setting treatment goals, and implements an individual therapeutic plan.
- Evaluate effectiveness and quality of therapeutic interventions through on-going Service Excellence Processes.
- Effectively plans and utilizes recreational therapy budget including the care and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains departmental and system policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, safety, environmental and infection control during all aspects of direct and indirect patient care.
- BA/BS Degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years’ mental health experience.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist.
- CPR certification.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice