Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job oversees and facilitates use of current and future clinical information systems and other e-Health initiatives. This role participates in planning, research, development, implementation and evaluation of clinical systems and services within the Allegheny Health Network. The clinical informatics nurse works through all phases of system development to effectively meet the best practice standards established for the use of an electronic health record and ensures that information systems are consistent with professional standards and evidenced-based practice.
- Responsible for oversight for clinical process redesign, metric design and consultative services for the electronic health record and other e Initiatives. Acts as a translator between IT and clinicians to facilitate design.
- Conducts current and future state analyses with clinical and non-clinical stakeholders; analyzes complex clinical/operations processes for applicability and appropriateness, and develops an efficient workflow design to facilitate optimal decision making regarding clinical systems.
- Promotes standardization and implementation of best practice initiatives identified by the enterprise; recommends clinical process improvements and clinical system development; and serves as an expert resource for issues related to improving clinical process and workflows utilizing technologies.
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects associated with clinical systems or other e-Health initiatives.
- Provides ongoing support to assigned clinical areas through consistent & scheduled rounding; preparing for scheduled downtimes; and ''on-call'' per policy.
- Participates in and works collaboratively on various teams and committees in order to provide insight and clarity about clinical processes, workflow redesign and standardization.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, investigation, analysis, training, documentation, and ongoing support of clinical systems and other e-Health initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and advances in the field of nursing and healthcare informatics.
- Assists in the development and modification of policies and procedures relating to the utilization of the electronic health record including downtime procedures.
- Assists with the development of the educational and training materials and conducts training sessions as needed.
- Travels to ambulatory and inpatient facilities, physician offices, ambulatory centers and medical malls to meet with staff, conduct analysis and support implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current PA licensure as a professional Registered Nurse
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- 3-5 years of experience using an EHR in a clinical capacity
- Master’s degree in Nursing Informatics, Healthcare Informatics, or Certificate in Informatics
- 2-3 years’ experience in Quality, Analytics, or Population Health Management
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$33.81
Pay Range Maximum:$52.90
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice