Skip To Content

Behavioral Health Consultant Lead - Allegheny County Jail - Pittsburgh - Full Time

Allegheny Health Network

  • Company AHN
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Tech
  • Full time
  • Day (United States of America)

Company :

Allegheny Health Network

Job Description : 


This job is responsible for the usual BHC duties and continues to act in the role of BHC direct patient care for 60% of their time. The remaining 40% of their time they provide support to practices who are integrating Behavioral Health Consultants into their workflow.  The BHC Lead supports a variety of practices throughout the network in preparation for and maintenance of sites with BHC's.  The BHC supports the Behavioral Health Manager with a strong emphasis on population health, risk stratification and tracking outcomes.    


  • Performs all of the duties of the usual BHC job description part-time. (60%)
  • Trains new BHC’s in AHN’s identified best practice model,  best practices for billing and payment models, and provides ongoing education and on-site clinical support to BHC’s and other members of the care team. (25%)
  • Assists Behavioral Health Manager with performance evaluations of BHCs. (5%)
  • Conducts training as needed around behavioral health and substance abuse and related topics (i.e. Motivational Interviewing, SBIRT, Depression Screening, Social Determinants of Health). (5%)
  • Facilitates monthly BHC Learning Collaborative. Maintains records. (5%)
  • Performs other duties as assigned or required.



  • Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling/Psychology
  • 3-5 years relevant experience with integrated care and/or behavioral health
  • Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor


  • 1-3 years experience in drug and alcohol/substance abuse counseling

Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.

Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.

As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times.  In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. 

Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.

Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. 

EEO is The Law

Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( )

We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.

For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at

California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice

Thumbnail Join Talent Community@2X

Connect with a career that’s right for you.

Introduce yourself and we'll get in touch monthly to share career insights and company news.

Join Our Talent Community