Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that will support the Radiation Oncology department at Allegheny General Hospital Cancer Institute - where you'll be working in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge technology and procedures. We have state-of-the-art machines including the MR Linac, Gamma Knife, and Gamma Pod.
This role is part of Union SEIU-E.
Shift: Day (6:00am-4:30pm)
This job is responsible for delivering therapeutic radiation and patient care services as prescribed by physician. The incumbent will perform magnetic resonance imaging in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice. The incumbent will be specifically educated and trained to treat patients on MRI Linear Accelerator licensed for radiation therapy delivery and licensed for Magnetic resonance imaging. The machine will image patients using MRI imaging and deliver radiation to patients as prescribed by a radiation oncologist. The incumbent would have the ability to work in traditional areas including linear accelerators, HDR units and other specialty stereotactic units within the radiation therapy department. Dual MRI/ Radiation therapy certifications required.
- Deliver prescribed radiation treatment while utilizing MRI Imaging to position patients, localize tumors and organs, change and adapt treatment plans in real time. (50%)
- Take appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including re-positioning patient and repeating procedure. Performs Simulations in the CT scanning suite. Enters, transmits and reports scan results. (20%)
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate. Prepares equipment and supplies. (10%)
- Select appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary. (10%)
- Assess, support, and educate patients according to specific department guidelines. Maintains medical records for treatment delivery, charge entry and quality assurance in accordance with regulatory and departmental guidelines. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned or required including, but not limited to, mentoring employees/students and participating in department and organizational initiatives. (5%)
- High School / GED
- Associates Degree in Radiation Therapy or relevant experience and/or education as determined by the company in lieu of Associate's degree.
- ARRT Radiation Therapy, or obtained within 12 months of hire
- ARRT Magnetic Resonance Imaging, or obtained within 12 months of hire
- CPR certification
- 1 year of MRI experience
- Familiarity with MRI, HDR and Gamma Knife procedures
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org