Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is hiring a Mammography Technologist to support the Sewickley Imaging location. This is a part-time role that will be scheduled at least 24 hours a week, daylight shift, Monday-Friday.
AHN is an integrated health system dedicated to providing exceptional care to people in our communities. Our business also includes the Highmark Health Plan, one of America's largest Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers. We're 35,000 employees strong — and proud to be serving millions of customers across the U.S. every day.
In addition to competitive pay rates and flexible career growth, AHN shows employee appreciation through a comprehensive benefits package and access to wellness programs and resources.
Interested in learning more? Apply today on our Careers website to find out where your career can take you!
This job performs mammography procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Reviews patient images and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters relevant patient and imaging data into EHR and related systems. (50%)
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation. (20%)
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate. May assist physician with performing interventional procedures including fine needle aspiration and needle localization. (15%)
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards, ensures regulatory compliance, including performing appropriate quality control procedures on equipment including accreditation documentation and preparation. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary. Participates in ensuring compliance with the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) regulations. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
Mammography certification - must be obtained within 12 months of hire
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice