Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for assisting patients who screen as food insecure with access to nutritionally balanced food resources through the Healthy Food Center. Additionally, the incumbent will also provide information and resources/referrals to food assistance programs and other social service programs to meet the needs of the patient. The incumbent will provide innovative services incorporated into the program based on the need of the population served. The incumbent will provide excellent service to patients by counseling the patient on appropriate food choices based upon medical, social and behavioral diagnoses; staying current on food assistance information, and working with the staff of the Medicine Institute’s Center for Inclusion Health (CIH), Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank (GPCFB), and other community collaborators, so that the needs of the patient are met, the first time, every time with regard to food distribution and other wrap-around services.
- Coordinates all provider referrals for food insecurity and respond to referrals in a timely manner and maintain a clear system for organizing and managing referrals..
- Counsels patients on appropriate food and nutritional choices and develops relationships to learn more about their individual needs and to connect them with food assistance resources.
- Maintain the distribution model for the Healthy Food Center and works through innovative services incorporated based on the need of the population served.
- Works in collaboration with GPCFB and AHN hospitals to manage daily/weekly/monthly food orders and distribution.
- Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients and community partners.
- Assure patient personal information is handled in accordance with privacy statements and policies.
- Gather and summarize data collected to evaluate the effectiveness of the Healthy Food Center referrals.
- Assist eligible people in completing and submitting wrap-around services applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition OR 6 years of relevant nutritional education experience in lieu of education.
- 2 years experience with community nutrition.
- Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist (LDN) in state of PA .
- 1 year experience with Social Service organizations or Healthcare.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice