Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides proper care, handling, processing, sterilization and storage of all supplies and equipment, to ensure a high quality product for use in surgical services and throughout the hospital. Provides support to the OR by assembling instrument sets and picking case carts.
- Assures the proper functioning of all equipment utilized for sterilization through on going monitoring of mechanical, chemical and biological indicators used during sterilization cycle. Prepares linen, instruments, diagnostic trays, utensils and various supplies to ensure sterility at time of use. Conducts loading and operation of sterilizer to ensure proper penetration of sterilization agent.
- Provides accurate, complete case carts for OR cases. Verifies request forms to OR schedule and master slips. Examines, sorts, inspects, lubricates and assembles instrument sets.
- Assures the removal of bioburden through the decontamination of trays, instrument, needles and equipment by visually and manually inspecting items prior to sterilization. Removes malfunctioning items from service.
- Initiates and maintains proper documentation in relation to expiration dates, sterilizer and load numbers on items being sterilized. Includes sterilization records of all types.
- Ensures adequate supplies and materials are maintained in inventory for use in Central Service from storeroom and/or special request forms.
- Follows proper policy/procedure by wearing EO personal monitoring badges, calibrates electronic reader for self and maintenance staff and documents results.
- Prepares charge stickers, documents, dispenses and distributes sterile and non sterile supplies and equipment as requested by individual departments throughout the hospital.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all CS procedures and techniques, safety regulations and universal precautions. Practices guest relations and participates in non-technical activities such as CQI.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel. Assumes all duties in decontamination area of CS and coverage for the decontamination workers.
- Integrates performance improvement principles into all aspects of job responsibilities. Integrates customer service excellence principles into all aspects of job responsibilities.
- High school diploma/GED.
- For Central Service Technician (CST) hired after 12/29/2020 -- Employees who practice central sterile by the health care facility on or before December 29, 2020 are exempt from certification requirements:
- Pass a nationally accredited central service exam within 18 months from hire date
- Maintain one of the following: Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) OR Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice