Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
$5,000 sign on bonus eligible with 1 year commitment
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, performs a wide variety of technical and clinical duties to support the provision of pharmaceutical care. Includes, but not limited to, medication preparation (IV, oral, other routes) and delivery, use of automated dispensing technology, customer service interactions and maintenance of appropriate drug supply. Responsible for maintaining confidential reports, entering and retrieving data utilizing the computer system(s) and providing accurate assistance to the pharmacist in performing daily duties. All orders are checked by a pharmacist prior to dispensing.
- Distribution/Processing: Processes prescription medication orders including computer order entry, medication preparation and assembles all required items prior to the pharmacist's final check. Intakes patient's prescriptions documenting all required information, handles telephone interactions and releases medication as required by policy/procedure. All steps are done in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Inventory Management: Continuously maintains pharmacy inventory and supplies according to established policies and procedures, including inspection of assigned areas, use of pharmacy computer systems (i.e., Automated Dispensing units). Orders and stores drugs in an organized manner, participates in supply chain purchasing initiatives, procures medications and supplies, creates purchase orders under the oversight of a pharmacist. Records and processes recalls, outdates, returns and credits.
- Training: Maintains competence required for current position and has ability to perform all technician duties to assist in training of new employees, residents and students.
- Work Environment/Safety: Contributes to the effective operation of the department through all activities including computer functions, process cart fill lists, pick lists, refill medications, generation of labels and answer phone appropriately. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment. Participates in performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts. Maintains an attitude that promotes and fosters an environment of safety.
- Customer Service: Implements activities related to the patient experience and improvement, including service recovery. Identifies and communicates any issues or barriers in work environment or processes.
- Recommends process improvements or courses of action for problem resolution to respective team leader or manager in order to help meet departmental and organization initiatives and goals.
- Inpatient Specific: IV Prep/Packaging: Compounds, stocks, repackages and batches from bulk medications. Prepares routine patient orders for IV pharmaceuticals including compounding, preparation and labeling of any IV admixture including antibiotics, solutions, irrigations, narcotics, parenteral nutrition and chemotherapy.
- Outpatient Specific: Validates patient and insurance information: Intakes patient's prescriptions documenting all required information, enters insurance information accurately, handles telephone interactions and releases medication as required by policy/procedure. Validates Medicaid, Medicare or commercial insurance drug coverage and ensures adjudication is complete addressing any error messages. All steps are done in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Handles cash and other monies: Collects money and provides patient with a detailed receipt of any cash or other money transactions and processes sales through the point of sale system. Prepares deposit and accounting reports according to Department and Health Network standards. Responsible for maintaining assigned cash fund.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) required within 18 months of hire. (Incumbents in role as of July 1, 2022 have until January 31, 2023 to obtain certification.)
Completion of a pharmacy technician training program or 1 year equivalent experience in lieu of formal training program required.
- Minimum of 2 years pharmacy experience in respective area preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice