Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job service as the consistent point of contact for referring and accepting physicians requesting the transfer of patients into any AHN hospital. The RN Clinical Triage and Transfer Coordinator efficiently facilitates complex requests relating to physician consults, telemedicine requests, and timely patient transfers between hospitals, while collaborating with multiple hospitals to determine the efficient and accurate placement of patients
- Through discussion with the referring physician determine the acuity and complexity of patients needing transfer into AHN. (35%)
- Facilitate critical/urgent transfer requests into the OR, procedural area, ICU or ED. (20%)
- Prioritize the placement of patients across the AHN network based on clinical need and in accordance with capacity and staffing availability. (10%)
- Facilitate the placement of any transfer patient into any AHN facility through communication and collaboration with AHN hospital leaders. Utilizing critical thinking skills and clinical judgement when determining the most appropriate hospital/unit patient destination. (10%)
- Provide clinical direction to the transfer coordinators during consults and initial transfer request. (8%)
- Provide clinical direction and patient placement oversight to patient placement staff. (7%)
- Continually monitor, receive updates on patients’ clinical condition and document in the EHR until the transfer request is complete. (5%)
- Host the daily AHN system wide capacity management call. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree in Nursing
5 years of nursing with 1 year in Critical Care or, Emergency Medicine, or Operating Room nursing role
Current PA State Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 5 years in an RN role
- 3 years in a Step-down unit and/or Clinical decision unit
- 1 years in Critical Care, or Emergency Medicine or Operating Room Nursing Role
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice