Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Optimizes patient care by promoting rational, safe, and cost-effective drug therapy by completing the objectives outlined in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacist's Accredited Residency Program; educates pharmacy staff, pharmacy students, and other health care providers.
- Under the supervision of a designated preceptor, reviews and evaluates patient's drug/medical history to make recommendations that optimize drug therapy, by providing drug information and evaluation of medical literature during rounds with physicians, through verbal or written consultations, and drug utilization reviews/monitors. Documents significant therapeutic interventions in the patient medical record and tracks impact of clinical outcomes as required.
- Serves as source of drug information and education for patients and other health care providers. Organizes, prepares and presents patient medication education information in both written and verbal formats. Provides formal education to Pharmacists, Pharmacy Residents and other healthcare practitioners through in-services or lectures and publications.
- Conducts pharmacy practice research by collecting, analyzing, trending, collating and evaluating data to be synthesized into reports (e.g., formulary evaluation, adverse drug reactions, ongoing monitors, non-formulary requests or specific drug usage evaluations) for action by committees. Contributes to the medical community and pharmacy practice by presenting research at meetings or publishing results in journals.
- Promotes interdisciplinary teamwork by working on Clinical Pathways, committees and task forces. Participates in approved collaborative practice agreements as required.
- Maintains clinical expertise by obtaining continuing education credits, reading and evaluating literature and attending seminars.
- Performs the functions of a pharmacist per the pharmacist job description, including preparing, compounding and dispensing prescription and non-prescription medications, IV medications and solutions and other required drug therapies pursuant to meeting the prescription medication needs of inpatients and outpatients.
- Successfully completes the American Society of Health System Pharmacists residency goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduate from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the state of PA within 120 days of hire
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice