Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides comprehensive analysis expanding all aspects of insurance claims billing, follow up and collections, including direct contact to the appropriate third-party payers for all unpaid claims including denied claims and those requiring appeal. Resolves all billing related issues and manages unpaid claim related inquiries. Assists with onboarding activities and training of other team members as necessary.
- Ensures efficient processing of denials and appeals. Meets cash collection goals by reviewing, analyzing, completing, and submitting appropriate documentation based on payer requirements. Conducts research and provides updates and current status of collection efforts using the appropriate data management systems (EPIC/Meditech).
- Performs extensive follow-up and collections for third parties, resolving issues that are adversely impacting claims payment. Communicates information and ideas to make system-wide process improvements. Updates data regarding changes and modifications in plan benefits and other contract information relevant to billing or claims follow up and collection processes. Completes special projects as assigned.
- Serves as a communication link to various departments, external payers or vendors by developing positive relationships with managed care organizations and outside agencies, and clinical areas within the organization. Performs liaison services to both internal and external customers providing assistance in billing, collections and claims resolution. Reviews and responds to correspondence and inquiries generated by third party payers. Provides medical record copies and other pertinent information to the appropriate sources throughout the collection process.
- Assists with education of internal staff and external customers to bring about the timely, accurate, and cost effective adjudication of all claims. Works collaboratively with other departments to facilitate the insurance collection process and to improve overall cash collection.
- Communicates team barriers, process flow or productivity issues to the supervisor/manager. Assists team members with onboarding, operational support and training. Assists in resolving claim issues requiring additional oversight by tracking and trending information and conducting root cause analysis.
- Monitors the status of denials, appeals, and claim errors by using work queues and conducting routine, periodic follow up and collection on previously researched claims items. Monitors, reviews, and suggests revisions or updates to existing forms, documents, and processes required to secure timely payment.
- Ensures completeness of claims by following national, local, and internal billing requirements promoting prompt and accurate submission and payment. Maintains awareness of current regulations. Initiates practices that support current regulations. Shares knowledge of current regulations with staff. Analyzes current practices and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Assists other departments/functional areas as needed with denials, billing, collections and claims follow up related tasks.
- Participates in committees as a representative for the department's interests, objectives, and/or goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 3 years in the Health Care industry OR
- Associates degree and 1 year in the Health Care industry
- Associate's Degree with completion of college level coursework
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$17.56
Pay Range Maximum:$26.26
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice