Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is a member of the direct care healthcare team and is responsible for providing care to patients and families under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Performs general nursing care within the LPN scope of practice. (30%)
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and assists the clinical provider (registered nurse, advanced practice nurse and/or physician) during treatment, examination, and testing of patients. (20%)
- Collects assessment data, prepares patient for examination and documents clinical information on patient record and reports any changes in patients condition to the registered nurse, advanced practice nurse or physician. (20%)
- Orders diagnostic tests as directed by the clinical provider (registered nurse, advanced practice nurse and/or physician) and gathers diagnostic tests and/or examines results prior to physician/clinical provider assessment. (20%)
- Schedules procedures and obtains authorizations, as necessary, under the direction/oversight of the registered nurse. Assists nursing and medical staff with basic medical tasks such as administering medications, blood and tissue collection and/or other laboratory specimens; prepare patients for testing. (20%)
- Other duties as assigned or requested. (10%)
- High School/GED
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) -OR- have applied for a temporary practice permit and must obtain LPN within six (6) months of hire.
- Knowledge of EPIC documentation and assessment process
- 1 year in healthcare
- PALS or ACLS
- State approved IV course certification.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice