Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 20230224
Department: Life Flight
Location: Rotation between LF bases (Clarion/Butler/Indiana) (Canonsburg/Rostraver/Indiana)
Status: Full Time
Shift: 12/16 hour shifts Day/night rotations
ALLEGHENY HEALTH NETWORK:
At AHN, employees trust working together and place patients at the center of all they do. This 9 Hospital system, a part of Highmark Health, is transforming the future of healthcare by providing highly effective services to customers, patients and communities. AHN has commitment and dedication to being inclusive, valuing fresh perspectives, and offering the best growth and educational opportunities to employees.
Allegheny General Hospital:
- AGH is a Level I Shock Trauma Center
- 5 state of the art ICU’s
- State of the art Cancer Center
- 550+ Beds
Allegheny General was the first hospital in our area to have fixed wing emergency transport
- We provide regional emergency helicopter and critical care for critically ill patients who need immediate care 24/7
- LifeFlight has completed more than 75,000 missions within a four state area / 130 mile radius
- We service Pennsylvania, Southeaster Ohio, Northern WV and Western Maryland
Assumes and maintains responsibility for the patient and the onset of transferred care to the final disposition in the transport environment.
- Demonstrates clinical assessment skills and care planning skills.
- Provides safe and effective care for the age population served according to regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team, including EMS, for the plan of care from presentation through disposition.
- Monitors safety of self and others working in and around the aircraft.
- Participation in quality assurance programs such as chart audits and case reviews.
- Current RN PA license in good standing
- Minimum five (5) years recent Emergency or ICU Registered Nurse experience within a level 1 trauma center or tertiary center
- OR FP-C with 4 years (8320 hours) flight paramedic experience and 1 year (2080 hours) of RN ICU experience at an ICU designated acceptable by the LifeFlight Medical Director
- ACLS, PALS, BLS all required
- Advanced Certification of: must have minimum of one: CEN or CCRN or CTRN or CFRN is required
- Current PA PHRN certification
- CFRN Certification is required 1 year after successful completion of the orientation program
- NRP/PHTLS are required within 6 months of hire
- Must meet height and weight restrictions
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice