Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that will support Interventional Radiology at Allegheny General Hospital (AGH). AGH is a Certified Stroke Center and the leader in Pittsburgh for DVT Inari Thrombectomy - where you will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge procedures, work closely with new technologies and innovations, and be involved in national research studies and clinical trials. Additionally, qualified candidates are eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus for a 2 year commitment!
AHN is an integrated health system dedicated to providing exceptional care to people in our communities. We offer competitive pay rates and flexible career growth and show employee appreciation through a comprehensive benefits package and access to wellness programs and resources.
If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career where you will make a direct, positive impact on someone’s life, apply today!
This role is part of Union SEIU - E.
Shift: Rotational (4 - 10 hour shifts, 7:00am-5:30pm or 8:30am-7:00pm)
Performs prescribed special procedures such as: interventional, diagnostic and therapeutic angiography and related special procedures.
- Positions patients, selects anatomical and technical parameters accurately for independent imaging of special procedures per established protocol. Prepares for and assists the physician and/or physician assistant while performing procedures.(40%)
- Implements radiation protection and patient safety standards.(15%)
- Completes all required documentation for procedures e.g. regulatory, billing protocols and image distribution.(15%)
- Prepares contrast media, practices aseptic technique pre-, during, and post- special procedures.(15%)
- Maintains adequate supplies for efficient section/department operations. Participates in inventory control and monitoring.(15%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
- ARRT certification required
- Advanced certification preferred and may be required within 12 months of hire.
- Current CPR certification required upon hire.
- 1 year experience as a radiologic technologist required.
- Previous special procedure experience preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice