Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides direct care to patients and assists with non-direct patient care unit coordination. The incumbent in this position is expected to perform basic nursing procedures related to care and comfort of patients in stable condition, and have knowledge of patient population needs in the assigned work area. In addition, the incumbent is expected to assist the RN in the care of acutely ill patients. They is expected to practice medical asepsis, respect the dignity and privacy with every patient and family, and to maintain objectivity during patient care. They are expected to know and adhere to all basic hospital policies and procedures, and respond appropriately during emergency situations. They is expected to maintain the patient/family environment and perform general unit upkeep. They is expected to use accurate verbal and written communication, and to document patient care appropriately in the electronic medical record. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Registered Nurse for patients in stable condition. Will work under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse in the care of the acutely ill and/or complex patient. The incumbent receives specific work assignments from the Charge Nurse and/or Care Team Leader which are both written & verbal and is expected to demonstrate evidence of efficient time management by completing the work within the scheduled time. In addition to clinical responsibilities, the incumbent is expected to perform a variety of duties related to the coordination of activities on the inpatient unit. This includes activities related to patient admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Provides, obtains or performs and documents direct patient care and activities such as: activities of daily living, skin survey, vital signs, ambulation, specimen collection, intake and output, meal consumption, height and weight, blood glucose testing/monitoring, point of care testing, bladder scanning, transporting of patients and their medical record, documentation of O2, early mobilization and ambulation protocols, assistance with exam, treatments and procedures. (30%)
- Participates in quality and patient satisfaction initiatives which may include bedside shift report, purposeful hourly rounding promoting safety such as falls prevention, hand washing, isolation protocols and maintaining a clean and orderly environment. (30%)
- Accurately documents vital signs, weights, I&O, restraints, specimen collection, and all other treatments. Report changes in patient's physical, mental and emotional conditions, as well as any issues or concerns identified to nursing staff. (20%)
- Participates in unit activity such as supply stocking and equipment/appliance cleaning, checks and retrieval. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR Certification
- Limited or no experience: Must be able to attend 2 weeks of training
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills
- Acute care experience with in the last 3 years
- Currently enrolled in ASN or BSN program. Preference given to those enrolled in Associates or Bachelor’s degree Nursing programs and completed at least one clinical rotation
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice