Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Receives, prepares, and processes all specimens delivered to the laboratory.
- Registers patients and performs test order entry into laboratory information system accurately and efficiently to ensure proper testing and charges of patient account. (55%)
- Verifies specimen identification and prepares and processes specimens according to department procedures and protocols. (25%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. (5%)
- Provides support such as answering telephones, faxing reports, and send-outs. (5%)
- Operates and maintains instrumentation, recognizes problems and takes appropriate action. (5%)
- Mentors MLA students in specimen processing utilizing WPAHS policies and procedures. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 3 months experience in a clinical laboratory setting, registration, medical terminology which may include experience acquired in conjunction with a training or degree program.
- Laboratory training program or degree in clinical sciences preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice