Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job serves as the single-point-of-contact for sales teams and assigned customers, delivering insights and recommendations to sales in order to aid customer acquisition/retention while maintaining performance goals. Customers will typically be the least complex, requiring more routine type analysis. This incumbent will collaborate with cross functional team members on client-level quotes and function as a trusted adviser by providing financial and risk management support to sales as well as strategic insight.
- Actively work with Sales team and Underwriter peers/leaders to manage portfolio of clients towards financial and business targets, e.g. membership, revenue, margin, etc.; have basic understanding of department and the company's strategic goals and competitive position and drives client-level results towards these ends. (25%)
- Respond to questions and draw insights from quote details, client understanding and regional insights to deliver best-possible recommendation to Sales. State and maintain independent perspective - identifying opportunities and concerns. (20%)
- Responsible for portfolio of clients through underwriting process. (15%)
- Assess risk by looking at various risk measures such as risk scores, demographic analysis, and turnover considerations. (15%)
- Serve as the accountable owner for all quotes delivered to sales partners. Develop a perspective on each client package deliverable. Clearly communicates Underwriting’s position on the risk profile of each client. (10%)
- Maintain accurate book management details including concession budget. (10%)
- Perform administrative tasks and aide in workload coordination. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 1 year of Health care underwriting OR risk management OR actuary work OR applying advanced mathematics.
- Understanding of health products, services, risk assessment and techniques
- Consultative mindset
- Strong Oral and Written Communications skills
- Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Four (4) years relevant experience in lieu of Bachelors degree.
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Non - Office based position
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$24.12
Pay Range Maximum:$43.42
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice