Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Monitors and operates the switchboard including answering and directing incoming calls, placing outgoing calls, overhead paging and emergency response communication
- Answers and directs all telephone calls and overhead paging inquiries for the efficient and timely operation of hospital communications. Triages and prioritizes calls as to their urgency, and accurately routes calls accordingly. (85%)
- Immediately responds to all alarms, security calls, and medical emergencies. Pages all persons designated to respond to emergencies. Immediately reports to the supervisor any problems with, or abuses of the alarm system. Logs emergency response information, as appropriate. May reprogram the computerized fire alarm system after it has been activated. (10%)
- Maintains and cleans all switchboard equipment, identifying and resolving malfunctions to any equipment through defined problem correction procedures. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Excellent telephone skills and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Training as a Telephone Operator, Receptionist, or priority Dispatcher preferred.
- Experience using a PC-based telephone operator console preferred
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice