Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This full time position will work flexible hours M-F.
Plans, coordinates, and manages the activities associated with the initiation and completion of clinical trials, sponsored by internal, industry, foundation, and/or Federal funding sources. Maintains compliance with all regulatory bodies associated with human subject research.
- Interfaces between clinical staff, the Office of Sponsored Research, Research Administration, PIs, clinical research staff, and external entities to identify clinical research pipeline and completes protocol budgeting, feasibility, and initiation. (30%)
- Interfaces with clinical staff to identify patients eligible for clinical trials across one or multiple sites of service. Provides in-service education to the appropriate hospital personnel in the departments involved with the investigational study. (25%)
- Interfaces with patients and their families to provide education regarding investigational studies, and requirements of participation to assure they are informed prior to obtaining written consent. Completes required follow-up and active patient monitoring per study protocol at one or multiple sites of service. (25%)
- Plans, coordinates, and manages all activities pertinent to the specific clinical trials, ensuring patient safety, good clinical practices, and compliance with the protocol and regulatory agencies. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree or RN/BSN.
- 3-5 years’ related experience.
- Current research-related certification from accredited program (e.g. CIRA, CCRP) required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Driver's license may be required depending on facility requirements.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice