Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides pulmonary function diagnostic testing, ambulatory oximetry testing, arterial blood gas testing, pulmonary rehabilitation and assists with bronchoscopies for referred patients.
- Performs all pulmonary function testing, arterial blood gas punctures, bronchoscopy assistance, oximetry and home oxygen evaluations, exercise and stress testing and pre-surgical evaluations ensuring specific and accurate patient test results. (50%)
- Provides inpatient and outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation according to the Clinical Practice Guidelines established by the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) and the American Association for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). (25%)
- Maintains proper calibration, quality control and analysis of all pulmonary diagnostic and rehabilitation equipment. Maintains required records of preventive maintenance and repair functions. (5%)
- Maintains proper infection prevention when cleaning reusable patient equipment. (10%)
- Performs all billing documentation and maintains departmental records according to departmental policy/procedures. (5%)
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and scheduling of patient testing in an efficient and effective manner. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist required.
- Valid PA respiratory therapy license required.
- Current BCLS.
- Certified and or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in pulmonary/respiratory medicine preferred.
- Experience with pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy assistance and pulmonary rehabilitation preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice