Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
Duties Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this position.
E1. Prepares bank deposits, processes vendor invoices, and reconciles corporate bank accounts and various general ledger accounting reports used in the monthly close process.
E2. Utilize various reports from bank(s) to investigate, resolve, and process receipts and disbursements.
E3. Identifies issues and researches discrepancies, working with internal and external customers, vendors, and leadership, resolving issues in a timely manner prior to monthly close. Outstanding items are investigated and resolved subject to leadership approval within established timeframes.
E4. Uses core systems to process, void, and record invoices and cash transactions within established timeframes. Balances financial activity between core systems, check payment systems and transmissions to corporate banks.
E5. Prepares monthly journal entries and reports. Prepares entries and adjustments to be entered into General ledger system. Entries and adjustments are sent to management levels for approval, prior to month end close completion.
E6. Reviews, processes, and disburses checks issued and check requests in a timely manner.
E7. Researches and responds to internal and external related customer inquiries. Answers service calls and works in collaboration with the bank(s), external, and internal customers to resolve transaction issues. Updates service intakes via core software and systems.
E8. Completes correspondence and/or contacts customers as necessary for additional information required for reconciliation process.
E9. Supports departmental needs for monthly and year-end closing and other special ad hoc tasks as assigned by management.
E10. Performs all job duties efficiently, accurately and at an acceptable rate of performance.
E11. Performs other related clerical duties: Copies, files, prepares files for offsite storage.
E12. Maintains confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
E13. Delivers customer service in a professional, polite and efficient manner.
E14. Performs other duties of a similar nature that are necessary and not varying with this position or pay grade.
Minimum of 2 years of recent Accounting or Finance related experience.
Associates Degree: Accounting, Finance
Previous Accounting or Finance related experience.
1. Must meet qualifications to perform the job including satisfactory completion of all training and testing
2. Typing Skills 30 WPM, passing score
3. Financial Operations Representative job content test, passing score
4. Requires passing score in Microsoft Excel test and Basic Computer Literacy test
5. Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
6. Well organized with ability to adapt to changing business environment; exhibits attention to details and time management skills
7. Proficiency in English language skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar, in both written and verbal communication to ensure communications are issued in a professional manner
8. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts in a professional manner
9. Working knowledge of personal computer and other application software (i.e. Microsoft Suite)
10. Ability to utilize basic office equipment including PC, scanner, telephone, copier, printer and fax
11. Computer Software typically used: People Soft, Facets, Excel, Content Manager, Bank's Software
Identifies issues and problems, identifies key facts, and seeks information to reach a resolution.
Does this Position have Supervisory Responsibility? No
Number of Emps Supervised:
Titles of Employees Supervised:
Other Job Specifications:
External Contacts: Bank personnel, Customers, Providers, Members
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
* Must be able to work in an office environment
* Physical Effort: Minimum; typical of most office work. Mostly sedentary work.
* Weight: lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
* Prolonged Sitting
* Repetitive Motion
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
* Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
* Heat, light, air, space and working environment typically found in an office environment
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice