Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides clinical support between patients and physicians.
- Assesses patients and test results, reviews results with physicians and ensures patient communication regarding results and/or recommendations per physician order. (30%)
- Assesses health status/needs during the ambulatory visit or over the phone using interviewing skills and nursing knowledge. Formulates and communicates an action plan. Implements plan and/or action after discussion with responsible physician. (20%)
- Coordinates and schedules all patient testing including surgeries and coordinate OR schedule. Assess blood work prior to surgery. (10%)
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture and willingness to learn. (10%)
- Provides clinical support during office hours. (30%)
- Nursing School Diploma
- Current PA licensure as an RN
- 2 years experience as a surgical RN
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience as an RN in the area of specialty, ambulatory experience, cardiovascular experience, and outpatient setting experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice