Job Description :
The TeleICU Director of Nursing is responsible for leading and managing all clinical, operational, quality, and regulatory activities associated with the TeleICU program. The TeleICU Director of Nursing will be responsible for the development of the program, specifically assessing network gaps, aligning existing programs to reduce redundancy, collaborating closely with key stakeholders, and implementing new areas of clinical utilization in the scope of the TeleICU program. The TeleICU Director of Nursing seeks to continuously improve the program through planning and implementing activities supporting performance improvement initiatives that align with the organization’s goals and objectives of the program.
- Perform management responsibilities to include but are not limited to involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates methods to ensure effective and efficient use of staff, facilities, equipment, and other resources while maintaining patient care standards.
- Creates the departmental budget, executes, and monitors budget to ensure positive use of resources.
- Serves as the primary liaison between Highmark and AHN departments that utilize the TeleICU services, including Information Technology and all clinical departments.
- Responsible for successful integration of the TeleICU program into existing processes and developing and executing best practices related to the TeleICU department.
- Focuses on innovative practices that can continually improve the care delivery model that is the TeleICU
- Utilizes data to make decisions and improvements.
- Collaborates closely with nursing units – staff and leaders - served by the TeleICU program.
- Ensures the TeleICU is meeting the organizational quality improvement metrics by focusing on integration and ongoing monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required within 5 years of employment
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare-related (required within 5 years of employment)
- 5 years with ICU
- 3 years in a management or leadership role
- 3 years in Virtual Health
- 3 years with Information technology
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Current PA RN licensure
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer skills and operations
- Effective communication skills
- EMR-EPIC (preferred) /Cerner eCaremanager
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice