Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
Perform professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of accounting and finance information for the production of financial statements and reports. Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions. Specific duties vary by department and may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: preparation of journal entries, fixed asset or inventory accounting, preparation of trial balance or financial statements, cost accounting, bank account reconciliations, accurate tracking and recording various income and expense activity and suspense account items, proper tracking and recording of receivables, etc.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Prepares financial and business-related analysis.
- Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares related financial reports and statements.
- May serve on or lead project teams for special projects.
- May assist with training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School / GED
- Experience with PC-based spreadsheet and data processing applications
- 3 years in accounting (exempted experience requirements effective August 2016)
- Experience with PC-based spreadsheet and data processing applications, heavy concentration with Microsoft excel (formatting, calculations, pivot tables)
- Experience with bookkeeping, collections and/or cash posting
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Knows and applies principles, practices and processes within the specific field or discipline. Building higher-level knowledge and skills. Gathers and analyzes information, designs and tests solutions to problems, and formulates plans.
- Performs work that is varied and somewhat difficult. Solves a range of problems by analyzing possible solutions using standard processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$20.80
Pay Range Maximum:$37.43
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice