Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Directs operational activities for a network of physician practices. Serves as coordinator of practice needs/services and addresses concerns/problems of each practice through resolution. Provides operational leadership and direction to practices focusing on positively influencing successful individual practice and network operations. Identifies, plans, organizes, communicates, implements and measures activities and strategies that promote network integration and growth, clinical excellence, patient satisfaction, fiscal prudence, effective communication, optimal clinical productivity and system success.
- Functions as the business leader for assigned physician practices. Directs and has operational responsibility for the management of practices, including financial performance, referral management, patient satisfaction, human resources, revenue cycle, growth and marketing, clinical quality, ancillary services, information technology, facilities and purchasing. Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory standards. (50%)
- Maintains and enhances physician and affiliated hospital relationships to ensure achievement of system, network and practice goals and objectives. (10%)
- Prepares, reviews and monitors revenue and expense budgets and budget variances. Communicates with practices regarding variances on a proactive basis and develops plan to address. Tracks initiatives and monitors effectiveness. Monitors physician performance and productivity. (20%)
- Directs and supports managers in facilitating, coordinating, and resolving employee relations matters in accordance with Human Resources policies and procedures. Supports, directs and coordinates physician onboarding efforts and payroll. Recruits, retains, develops, disciplines, evaluates and trains staff as appropriate. Nurtures a culture of teamwork. (10%)
- Coordinates with revenue cycle staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of information to maximize practice revenue collection. Identifies opportunities for reimbursement and revenue maximization, and plans and implements strategies for improvement. (5%)
- Directs special projects as assigned in support of general network operations including, but not limited to, practice acquisition or divestiture activities. Manages and optimizes P&L performance associated with assigned projects and initiatives. (5%).
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 7 years’ practice management experience and/or related practice management consulting/operations experience.
- Must have knowledge of financial and budget management, managed care insurance plans, third party billing/reimbursement and human resources administration. Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or related field
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice