Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that is part of Union SEIU - E. This position will support the Electrophysiology (EP) department, and the schedule will consist of daylight shift from 6:30am to 3:00pm, Monday-Friday.
AHN is an integrated health system dedicated to providing exceptional care to people in our communities. Our business also includes the Highmark Health Plan, one of America's largest Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers. We're 35,000 employees strong — and proud to be serving millions of customers across the U.S. every day.
In addition to competitive pay rates and flexible career growth, AHN shows employee appreciation through a comprehensive benefits package and access to wellness programs and resources.
Interested in learning more? Apply today on our Careers website to find out where your career can take you!
Provides longitudinal care of patients who have an implanted rhythm management device. Is responsible to analyze and interrogate pacemakers, ICD"s and implanted loop recorders across the cardiology practices. Supports the telemonitoring program by reviewing the transmitted data and maintaining the PaceArt system.
- Operates cardiac diagnostic equipment in order to provide cardiac diagnostic studies on devices.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of cardiac device interrogation equipment.
- Analyzes and reprograms all cardiac devices with various programs based on findings under direction of physician.
- Performs independently quarterly transtelephonic device checks.
- Performs all data entry and management through PaceArt system.
- Maintains knowledge of advanced ECG interpretation.
- Prepares patient for all interrogation exams. Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Functions as a primary liaison between patients, staff and physician.
- Conducts family and patient education for pacemakers/ICD's.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associates degree and three or more years related experience and training.
- BLS certification.
- ACLS certification within first year.
- AED Certification within first year.
- Certification with the International Board of Heart and Rhythm Examiners by the Heart Rhythm Society. Must be registered for exam as soon as test window opens not to exceed 24 months from date of hire.
- 3 years experience in electrophysiology or equivalent device experience
- Advanced knowledge of cardiac rhythms and interpretation.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice