Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under the direction of the Manager of PAS, this position performs day to day oversight of Patient Registration, Financial Counseling, Insurance Verification and Scheduling as applicable. Performs as a staff leader and technical expert for revenue cycle functions by identifying and providing training needs, resolving work related issues and technical problems. Monitors, tracks and adjusts staff work flow based upon key performance indicators.
- Coordinates activities and work flow for the department processes including performing staff functions. (30%)
- Participates in monitoring, tracking, and assists in evaluating staff performance and productivity as established by department/hospital goals. (20%)
- Ensures staff competency and compliance with all technical and clerical components of the patient access process as per policies and regulatory requirements. (10%)
- Supports leadership team in organizational goals and initiatives. Serves as a departmental leader to staff, patients and internal and external customers. (20%)
- Identifies and resolves registration, scheduling, insurance verification, coding, and billing issues and takes appropriate action. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one – three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ related experience.
- Experience with medical terminology.
- Experience with various computer software programs.
- Associate’s degree.
- Experience with benefit verification, collections, and financial counseling.
- Experience with ICD-9 coding.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice