Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Healthy Food Center Dietetic Technician will assist patients who screen as food insecure with access to nutritionally balanced food resources thru the Food Truck initiative. Additionally, he/she will also provide information and resource referrals about food assistance programs and other social service programs to meet the needs of the patient. The individual will provide excellent service to patients by counseling the patient on appropriate food choices based upon medical, social and behavioral diagnoses; staying current on food assistance information. This individual will also assist with the back pack project, mobile unit, and gardens if needed.
-Occasional travel to other AHN facilities may be required (coverage for other staff)
- Oversee orders and inventory.
- Assist in completion and submission of wrap around services applications; stays current on food assistance information; Assists patients in filling out intake form.
- Counsel patients on appropriate food selections; provides basic patient education and support functions based upon medical, social and behavioral diagnoses.
- Maintain and updates all required database files and documentation in accordance to privacy laws.
- Identify individuals who require nutrition care, makes appropriate referrals, intervenes at basic nutrition care level as per procedures, and documents process; food distribution tailored to individual health status.
- Support Healthy Food Center Mobile Truck Initiative.
- Administrative functions and other duties as assigned that support the general operation.
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- 0 - 1 year in Food Service
- Minimum of 1 nutrition course
- Food Safety certification
- ADA registration as a Registered Dietetic Technician or registry eligible with completion of the ADA registration exam within 6 months of start date
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice