Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job acts as a lead on a team that manages specific categories of external vendors and ensure appropriate management of these vendors, matrix management of internal partners (matrix partners), act as an SME related to gold standard service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs), involvement in strategic initiatives, and regulatory/compliance and financial oversight in conjunction with the respective matrix partners.
- Understands the status of all vendors within their team and is ultimately responsible for their work quality. Work with Vendor Operations Managers 1 & 2 on their team to mentor, help to triage issues and assist with escalations. Supervise vendor relationships, working with team and vendor to ensure performance is meeting our expectation outlined in the contract as well future contract negotiation planning and implementation for new business needs. Review and awareness and communication of SLAs and KPIs to leadership.
- Ensure operational issues are addressed for all vendors within their team and ensure vendors adhere to all operations service level agreement metrics. Review and guide team on recommendations for business process improvements with a thorough understanding of problems and solutions as they relate to the business needs. Ensure process improvements are documented, communicated, implemented, and adhered to.
- Represent, engage and champion operational needs within the governance process and structure as outlined in the vendor contract to ensure efficient and effective relationship management of the services provided. Communication of needs to leadership and aid in escalation process when necessary.
- Ability to think strategically about vendor services within the team and how these may drive incremental cost savings, and where they can plug in to the larger HP and Enterprise Strategy. Work closely with VMO leadership and Curated Health / Living Health Solutions.
- Awareness and oversite of contracts applicable to team's vendors, ensuring partnership with procurement on contract development and renewal, and financial reimbursement. Communication to leadership on updates and issues. Ensure documentation of vendor compliance with key contract terms / requirements.
- Responsibility for invoice accuracy, payment, and compliance with contractual terms and that desired services were performed for vendors within their team. Responsibility for budget function including ensuring that purchase orders created are in compliance with Accounts Payable guidelines, data entered into the Highmark budget system consistent with senior management direction, awareness/communication of monthly actual versus budget reports to leadership.
- Ensure that all technical issues for vendors are correctly prioritized and are addressed in a timely manner through oversite of Vendor Operations Analyst on their team and engagement with ticket governing process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Health Care Management, Economics or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 7 years with Vendor Management OR Vendor Operations OR Financial Reporting OR Budget Management
- 5 years in the Health Care industry
- 1 year in Project Management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for learning
- Good communication skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers
- Experience in and ability to thrive in a matrixed organization
- Experience with budget management
- Ability and comfort interacting and presenting to senior leaders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Process Development and Oversite
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$78,900.00
Pay Range Maximum:$146,000.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org