Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This position will provide continuous observation and surveillance of multiple patients across the AHN network requiring close observation via a central command center. This position will work cooperatively with nursing and hospital teams across the network to maintain a safe environment and ensure optimal patient safety and comfort.
- Maintains visual observation at all times, monitoring patient behavior and movements utilizing patient monitoring software. Recognizes behaviors that could result in potential harm to the patients and verbally redirects them over digital audio devices that is in patient room.
- Immediately communicates needs to the nursing staff based on patient needs and assistance. Communicates with internal/external customers/colleagues in a courteous, positive, empathetic and professional manner. Provides shift-to-shift hand off to virtual monitoring attendants and nursing staff of pertinent information/behaviors
- Provides floor staff with information in a timely fashion when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment safety. Identifies potential safety hazards within the room and communicates with the hospital staff for immediate intervention.
- Provides patient with explanations as necessary but does not counsel or provide opinions while maintaining patient's dignity and privacy
- Demonstrates safe work practice and attitude, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and department safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School / GED
- Capable of continuous monitoring of multiple patients at one time
- Previous patient care experience
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Proficient computer skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Decisive judgement
- Ability to work with independently while maintaining accuracy, consistency and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Ability to use de-escalation techniques
- Ability to communicate verbally, calmly and courteously in stressful situations
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Office- or Remote-based
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org