Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Allegheny Health Network
At AHN, employees trust working together and place patients at the center of all they do. This 9 Hospital system, a part of Highmark Health, is transforming the future of healthcare by providing highly effective services to customers, patients and communities. AHN has commitment and dedication to being inclusive, valuing fresh perspectives, and offering the best growth and educational opportunities to employees
Forbes Hospital is a 315 bed, Level 2 trauma hospital located in the community of Monroeville. Our hospital offers the service lines of a city hospital while building long lasting relationships with the staff and patients within the community.
Manages, supervises, and coordinates the daily operations of a specific patient care department providing clinical and administrative leadership and expertise. Contributes to the strategic planning process and attainment of goals of both their departments and the organization.
LEADERSHIP: Responsible for implementation of mission, vision, philosophy, core values, evidence based practice, and standards of the organization, and nursing service within their defined areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and role models professional behavior with all staff interactions.
- Serves as change agent and role model for change to assist staff in accepting and embracing the necessary change.
- Conducts monthly unit conferences with minutes which include discussions of both unit and organizational activities and goals.
- Completes annual performance appraisals on associates.
- Attends greater than 50% of leadership meetings.
- Promotes unit based shared governance to include ongoing support through consultation and assistance in eliminating barriers.
- Promotes RN career ladder with staff.
- Promotes and encourages nursing specialty certification.
QUALITY AND PATIENT SAFETY: Identifies, plans, and implements activities in specified clinical departments which ensures patient care is delivered in accordance with professional standards for nursing practice and is evidenced based, meets patient safety goals and standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors departmental performance in appropriate EBPs, quality and patient safety goals, meeting assigned goals.
- Develops action plan for any goal not met which includes timeline.
- Participates in 85% of monthly Joint Commission mock tracers.
- Develops a yearly unit based quality plan with unit based clinical practice and PI council based on identified unit needs.
- Assures departmental participation and compliance with Six Sigma projects goals related to through put.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Assures that department work collaboratively with patients, families, peers, and other departments in the organization to meet established organizational goals for customer satisfaction.
- Reviews bi-weekly Press Ganey report providing feedback to staff at monthly unit conference.
- Investigates and provides feedback for identified patient or departmental concerns.
- Rounding for Purpose weekly to assess patient and family needs.
- Develops departmental plan to address any improvement needs.
- Meet or show consistent progress toward meeting established patient satisfaction goal.
FINANCE: Demonstrates fiscal stewardship through effective and efficient use of staff, facilities, equipment, and other resources while maintaining patient care standards.
- Maintains both FTE and Goods/Services within established budget, completes variance reports according to established guidelines.
- Utilizes established tools to monitor monthly budget performance, conducting drill down to explain variances as needed.
- Completes staffing report daily
- Addresses overtime use with individuals as needed with documentation of discussion.
- Reports budget performance at monthly unit conferences.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: Fosters the development of staff through coaching, mentoring, and creating an environment which encourages learning and use of research.
- Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and professional development for personnel.
- Encourages and facilitates staff membership on research committee, clinical practice councils.
- Encourage and facilitate attendance at nursing grand rounds.
- Foster peer review.
- Set developmental goals with staff member at yearly evaluation.
- Identifies one area for self-improvement annually and develops a plan to improve.
- Masters in Nursing; Consideration will be given those who have a BSN that are currently enrolled in a Master’s program and are within 18 months of graduating.
- BSN Degree or currently enrolled in a RN to MSN
- CPR Certification
- National Certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org