Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs secretarial functions to provide daily operational and administrative support for the department.
- Operates office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems and uses word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to perform the secretarial functions to support the daily operations of the department. (30%)
- Answers telephones and directs calls to appropriate staff. Receives and routes messages or documents to appropriate staff. (20%)
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and administers outgoing mail. (15%)
- Compiles, records and maintains file, reports and/or correspondence. Transmits correspondence by mail, email or fax. (15%)
- May greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit and direct them to appropriate staff. (10%)
- May schedule and confirm departmental meetings. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years’ secretarial/administrative experience.
- Associate's Degree from a business/secretarial school or program.
- Experience with various computer software programs and medical terminology.
- Secretarial experience in a medical setting.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice